The Association of Academic Health Centers International (AAHCI) is a member based association that was founded in 2008 as a complement to the U.S. based Association of Academic Health Centers (AAHC). Membership in AAHCI is focused on academic institutions that educate health professionals, conduct biomedical and clinical research, and deliver comprehensive patient care, all with the goal of advancing and applying knowledge to improve health and well-being.
- Offers responsive, forward thinking leadership with the resources, tools, and solutions to address academic health center issues, common health challenges, and public policy priorities.
- Provides access to over 100 members in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Has the unique value as the only international organization that represents the combined educational, research, and patient care missions of developed and developing academic health centers.
Personal Connection to Leaders
- Facilitates networking, problem solving, and innovation through direct communication with a global network of academic health centers leaders.
- Offers consultations and advisory relationships among AAHC and AAHCI member leaders.
- Engages leaders and their senior staff in specialized workshops, focus groups, and meetings to address strategic issues and innovations critical to academic health centers.
Essential Information and Resources
Provides access to an array of regional and international meetings, newsletters, issue briefs, policy updates, and articles offering ideas and information designed to enhance operational, management, and policy strategies to meet the demands of pressing local and international global health strategies.
Outreach and Engagement
- Enhances influence and outreach to local and national governments, boards of trustees, and key opinion leaders with its publications, communications, and advisory and networking services.
- Creates partnerships between academic health center leaders to develop new collaborative programs and to share models and best practices.
AAHCI Steering Committee
The Steering Committee is made up of elected representatives of AAHCI members from various regions. The primary function of the Steering Committee is to guide the development and expansion of AAHCI, particularly in creating a more solid governance and membership structure, and to recommend new programs and initatives.
Steering Committee Member List